My London 2012 Experience

Day 9 10th August 2012

Well how hot was it yesterday! Easily 26 degrees. I decided to take the more animated route re my pointing, very much playing up to the Bolt Lightening pose! Along with the cabin crew pose, exits to the front. Both styles got a clapping, smiles and laughter. My vocals were very light to begin with. I even had to adorn my cap and sunnies to escape the sun. No shade where I was, North 20. By the time I took my lunch at 6pm my head was banging, too hot for me man. The team were pretty good though, always handing out water.
People were really excited about Usain Bolt and a new world record in the men's 800m, hence when it was bump out (when people leave for me and you!) lots of smiles and well excited spectators. My vocals came more into use then, waving, thanking people for coming, safe journey, high 5's!
Said my goodbyes to my new friend Rosey, we had a laugh on out shifts together!
Got to leave at 9.30 which was a bonus, straight to Waterloo, bought a bottle of red and took the train to Raynes Park. Stopped in the pub for a beer and a large brandy (yep, some things don't change!), headed home and caught up on the days actions.
Off to check out the Team GB shop this morning, time to buy some goodies. On a late again. Plenty sunscreen required again. Spoke to Paul this morning and the kitchen is coming along nicely, although it does sound quite full on at home just now. I reckon Paul and Karl are working hard at home. I'll see it all on Monday. Oh well, here goes another day.....got to be thinking about how I can acquire a pink finger.....not much time left!

No comments:

Post a Comment