My London 2012 Experience

Day 6 3rd August 2012

Enjoyed the Damien Hirst exhib, although no diamond skull, it was only there until June 24th. Drunk butterflies were a bizarre experience. Then caught the riverboat up the Thames to the Tate Britain. Enjoyed this. Then it was off to work. I left Paul at Pimlico, just as I was being asked directions by a couple of people. Being in my uniform deffo attracts questions. Something to remember for future.
I was right in thinking that the Stratford Gate would be busy! From checking in I was in amongst many other GamesMakers, all starting at 2.30pm. I was in the 'Rowing' team and was positioned right at the entrance to the Olympic Park. People were so excited, as I was! Lots of finger pointing using my pink finger! I was luck enough to spend some time right next to the Heineken Garden, which is an outdoor bar with a big screen, funnily enough serving lots of Heineken. I saw Phelps win his gold and I could hear the cheers from the aquatic centre. Lots of High 5's throughout the evening. At the end of the shift a group of GamesMakers were dancin', listening to music via their phone through a megaphone! "Blame it on the boogie!" just one of the tunes. We got into a proper routine, much to the amusement of the spectators, with many of them joining us! What a buzz! Not having the chance to go the gym this was a proper workout, although I'm not sure I can endure this every night. This gate is far removed from the much slower and laid back Greenway Gate....Paul came to meet me after my shift finished at 10.45pm. Both of use were knackered. Straight home, beer before bed.
I am at the Stratford Gate for the remainder of my shifts. I reckon today will be even busier as the athletics has begun today, thats an additional 80,000 people going in and out of the park...I'm taking it easy this morning, preparing myself for it! Although once in and around the park the adrenalin kicks in and before you know it I am bouncing around, chatting to anyone, smiling at everyone. Loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment