My London 2012 Experience

Day Off!

Had a brilliant day yesterday....I was not far from West Ham Underground Station, at the bottom of a set of steps leading to the greenway, which takes the spectators to the Olympic Park. I decided that everyone's Olympic experience had to be the best. Rather than standing pointing my pink finger, like others were, I took a much more animated approach! Usain Bolt pointing, cabin crew exits at the front, sweeping movements, all directing the spectators to the steps. It was well received...I had my picture taken at least 50 times, captured on video, cheered on and praised, both by spectators and fellow Gamesmakers!! Some of the comments I received were:
"If there was a gold medal for volunteering you would win it"
"Can I take your picture as I want to send it to Mitt Romney, as how can anyone get lost when we are being directed by people like you"
"Great pointing"
"You love your job, I can tell. I want one like that"
All in all, a wicked working day, I hope I made a positive difference to the spectators Olympic experience.  Then to cap it all off I met a friend, Julian, in the Heineken Garden for beers and cheered on our gymnasts to bronze...I could hear the crowds cheering Tom Daley from the aquatic centre too! A brilliant atmosphere, London is rockin' man!
Mum and Dad coming down for the day today, off to Beach Volleyball at Horseguards Parade! Both mens and womens.....

No comments:

Post a Comment